Thursday, January 14, 2016

What They Say in Italy, and Can You Use Robert De Niro?

I have a client who lives half the year in Florida and the other half in Italy.  When I turned sixty he told me that in Italy, they interpret age differently.  They say “I own sixty years,” referring to age as something they treasure.  I like that!  So yes, I now own sixty-one years.

Earlier this week I saw Robert De Niro in The Intern.  One of the central themes of the film is that even though his character is seventy, (or should I say, he owns seventy years) and certainly looks and behaves differently from his much younger co-workers, he still has something of great value to offer them, and of course, his character learns from them too.

That’s why this year I’ve decided to focus on marketing communications consulting services.  I have ideas on how and why things should be done, based on over forty years experience, and I know that whoever I work with will benefit from what I offer.  But at this point for me, it’s better to let younger people do the leg work, and for me to just create a structure then provide guidance on getting things done. It’s a little difficult to try to describe those services in a typical blog posting, but The Intern pretty much shows what I bring to the party.

So if you haven’t seen the film, check it out.  Then if you can use someone like Robert De Niro’s character Ben let’s talk!


I’d love to hear what you think!


Steve Thompson
 Thompson Communications

856-942-4434

No comments:

Post a Comment