Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Marketing Communications Assistance



In 2016 I'll turn 62. I began working in advertising and marketing in the Mid-Seventies at nineteen years old, in the advertising production department of 4Day Tire Stores in Southern California.

Within a few months, at age 20, I became responsible for producing ads that ran weekly in 9 newspapers in 7 cities from San Francisco to Dallas, and in every monthly edition of Car and Driver and Road and Track.

Through most of the eighties and nineties I went on to promote a variety of manufacturing companies, most of them marketed nationally and internationally. 


After 2000 I turned to entertainment publicity, and went on to promote over thirty-five films, while also working with Academy Award Winner Cliff Robertson for ten years.  One producer told me that in Hollywood Cliff represented the "Gold Standard for Personal Integrity."

In 2010, family duties began to consume more of my time.  I eventually ended up looking after my Mother full time while she suffered with dementia.  I had promised my Father that I would look after her, and I made sure that she was well cared for at the end of her life.

Earlier this year I injured my back, which was an extremely painful injury, but on November 16th, I received back surgery which has miraculously solved the problem.

Now with over forty years of experience, I believe it's time for me to turn to consulting and advising, guiding younger people to do the actual work.  I've spent my share of time on the front lines, now I know I can be of more value helping decision makers make better informed decisions.

In the next few days I'll have more details available on what I'm offering, and who will derive the best benefits.

Thanks for reading what I have to say, let me know what you think at steve@thomcomm.com 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment